Masoor is known as red lentil can be found all over world like spinach(palak). Today i made one very simple but testy daal which can be eaten with rice or chapati(Indian bread).
Here is my simple recipe for making this daal.
Ingredients for making red lentil and spinach daal
- Masoor(red lentil) 1 cup
- Spinach 200 gm
- 1~2 Garlic clove crushed
- 1~2 pinch hing(Asafoetida)
- Salt to taste
- 1~2 red sliced tomato(optional)
Ingredients for tadaka
- Wash daal with water and keep aside for soaking in water
- Clean and wash spinach and chop spinach in small paces
- Take one pressure cooker put 300~400 ml water in cooker and add daal, spinach, salt, hing(asafoetida), crushed garlic and optionally sliced tomato
- Now put lid and cook it on stove till one vissel of pressure cooker. After one vissel turn off stove and let it cool down.
- When pressure cooker cools down then put one frying pan on stove and put butter, let is heat and now put cumin seeds and it will start crackle. Now add chopped garlic and slow down flame. Keep steer until garlic become light brown. Now finally ad chilli(break it in 2-3 part) and keep steering for 1~2 minutes.
- Now put daal into this and steer well.
Daal is ready to serve with boiled rice or Indian chapati.