Vermicelli kheer is a very tasty traditional dessert of India. It is also called as payasam or Vermicelli pudding. It is an essential dish during festivals, feasts and celebrations. In India every Muslim people make this in Id festival(But their preparation is different and really awesome ). Here i am writing very simple method to making recipe
- Milk(full cream) 6 cups
- Vermicelli 1 cup
- Sugar ½ cup
- Desi ghee or Butter 1 tbsp
- Cardamom seeds (crushed) 2-3
- Almonds (blanched peeled) 2 tbsp
- Raisins 3 tbsp
Note: you can add many dry fruits what you like and flavoring ingredients like Saffron or Rose water or anything what you like.
- Heat desi ghee or butter in a thick bottom pan. Fry vermicelli in it for one min. Now add milk in it and bring it to boil.
- Let it boil for some more 20 mins so that vermicelli is cooked as well as milk also thickened. Do not forget to stir occasionally to avoid sticking of milk at bottom which may result in burning of milk and that may spoil the taste.
- After this add sugar, raisins and while adding sugar keep stirring milk. Cook for another 5 mins so that sugar dissolves completely.
- Vermicelli kheer is ready so remove it from stove and add blanched and peeled almonds, cashew and crushed cardamom seeds or flavoring ingredients and serve. It tastes excellent whether served hot or chilled.
By blanching almonds it becomes easier to remove the skin of almonds. For blanching plunge almonds in boiling water for 1-2 mins then place it in cold water for few mins. Now you can easily peel the skin of almonds and can use them to add in kheer.