Lauki(Bottle Gourd) is very common vegetable in India. You will find this vegetable in almost every season and every where in India. Lauki is very healthy and full of medicinal properties. There are many different recipes of lauki like for main course, side dishes and sweet dishes.
Here I am writing very simple halwa recipe of lauki.
- Lauki 1 kg
- Sugar 1.5 cups
- Mawa(milk concentrate0 1 cup
- Clarified butter(Deshi Ghee) 2 spoon
- Sliced dry fruits 6 spoon(Cashew, Almond, Pista etc)
- 4 spoon kismish
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Peel lauki and grate it after washing, remove seed portion of lauki.
- Take one stainless steel or aluminum deep pan
- Cook grated lauki in pan.
- When lauki is slightly cooked add sugar to it, mix and cook. Steer it every 1-2 minutes.
- When it get cooked, cook it on high flame to remove extra water.
- Now add deshi ghee to it and fry it for 5-6 minutes by steering it.
- Now add mawa and dry fruits to it and keep steering it.
- Now halwa is ready, serve it by adding cardamom powder to it.