In India there are many salty snacks in which mathari is very common. There are many different recipe for making different mathari. Here I am writing recipe for making spicy mathari.
– Refined flour(Maida) 1 cup
– Besan(Gram flour) 1/2 cup
– Semolina(Suji) 1/2 cup
– Wheat Flour 1/2 cup
– Ajwain 1 pinch
– Magrail(Black onion seed) 1 pinch
– Kasoori methi 1 spoon
– Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
– Garam masala 1-2 pinch
– Salt to taste
– Oil as per need( to make mathari crispy)
– Knead all ingredients with water(make dough hard)
– Now wrap dough with wet cotton cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes
– Now make matari in desired shape either by hand or using roller(Belon)
– Now make some while in mathari using fork
– Now deep fry in defined oil till golden brown.
– Cool down mathari and pack in airtight containers
– Serve along with tea coffee.