Panjabi chhole is very famous north India recipe. Which you can eat with rice, chapati, naan, puri and bhature. Here I am writing very easy recipe for making panjabi chhole.
– Kabuli chana 2cups
– Tomato paste 1 cup
– Ginger and garlic paste 1 tablespoon
– Onion 1 chopped
– Green chilies 1 chopped
– Cumin seeds(jeera) ¼ tbs
– Turmeric powder ¼ tbs
– Red chili powder ½ tbs
– Coriander powder 1 tbs
– Chana masala 3 tbs
– Oil for cooking
– Salt as per taste
– Soak kabuli chana in lukewarm water with tea bag for whole night.
– Take soaked kabuli chana and tea bag in pressure cooker and cook till become soft. The duration for pressure cooking vary for type of chana.
– Heat oil in pan and when heated add cumin seeds to crackle.
– Now add ginger garlic paste and chopped onion.
– When onion turns pink add coriander powder and cook for 1 mins.
– Add turmeric powder,salt and red chili powder.
– Add chana masala and cook at medium flame.
– When all the spices get cooked add tomato paste and green chili and mix well.
– Add pressure cooked chana to it. You may also add the water that is use to cook chana in cooker. Cook till all water evaporates.
– Punjabi chole is ready garnish with dhania patti and serve.