Palak(spinach) and paneer (cottage cheese) curry is a north Indian recipe. It is eaten with roti, nan, puri and rice. It is very nutritious recipe but in preparation you have to avoid access oil and spices. Here recipe given by me is spicy. You can skip adding garam masala to it.
Ingredients for 4-5 serve
- 500 gm spinach (palak)
- 200 gm cottage cheese cubes
- Bay leaves1-2
- Cumin Seed 1/2 table spoon
- Onion 2
- Green chili 2-3
- Garlic cloves 7-8
- Ginger 1 inch
- Finely sliced onion 2-3 spoon
- Green coriander leaves2 bunch
- Coriander powder 1 spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 table spoon
- Garam masala 1 or 1/2 table spoon
- Cumin seed powder 1/2 table spoon
- Red Chili powder 1 table spoon
- Mustard oil 5-6 spoon
- Corn starch 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Greek coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash and boil palak using pressure cooker for 5 minutes(Add pinch of baking powder) to retain green color of palak.
- Make paste of onion, garlic, ginger and green chili.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Fry paneer cubes(cottage cheese) lightly.
- Crackle cumin seeds and bay leaves.
- Add sliced onion and fry then till turned brown.
- Now add paste of onion, garlic, ginger and green chili and fry this masala paste until it turns brown.
Now add all spices except garam masala and fry this paste until water gets separated.
- Now add palak paste, corn starch and salt to taste.
- Cook it for 5 minutes and then add 1/2 spoon garam masala powder and paneer cubes and cook for another 3 minutes.
Palak paneer is ready, server it after garnishing with milk cream and coriander leaves.