Here is the recipe for moong daal halwa given by Bhavana Yadav.
– 1 cup dhuli moong daal (You can use moong daal powder)
– 1 cup ghee
– 1 cup sugar
– 10~15 Almonds
– 1 pinch kesar Or eatable yellow color
– 1/2 cup mava
– 1/4 cup milk
– Soak daal for 5 hr in water and make paste(make sure paste should not be very fine)
– Make sugar syrup by adding 1/2 cup water.
– Peel soaked almonds and make long slices.
– Now heat clarified butter in deep frying pan and cook daal paste till it turned to brown on low flame. It will take time don’t do this in hurry.
– Now add sugar syrup , mashed condensed milk, kesar or edable kesar color and mix well.
– When butter gets separated that means halwa is ready.
– Garnish with almonds and other dry fruits and enjoy halwa.