Curd is a dairy product in India made from cow/buffalo milk. Curd is slightly different from yogurt. Curd used very widely in all over world in diet for making number of recipes. This is very healthy food and very famous in India for making different sweet dishes and beverage like lassi and chhachh( Butter Milk).
For making curd, milk is fermented with mixed natural lactic acid bacteria for making curd. Fermentation is carried out at the right temperature. Lactic acid bacteria rapidly produces acid which makes curd and gives it lite sore taste.
Ingredients for making curd:
- Milk 1 liter
- Curd 1 spoon (jaman or joran in North India)
Method for making curd at home:
- Boil milk in a bowl.
- Wait for cooling it down.
- If you don’t want cream, remove cream.
- Add 1 spoon curd to it.
- Leave this for overnight or 5-6 hour (In case of winters when temp is low then keep this in a airtight box or wrap bowl with some warm cloth for maintain temp.
- After 5-6 hr, curd is ready.
- Refrigerate this curd other wise it will get sore.
Curd is ready to serve or make other recipes.