Here I am writing very simple spicy curry of fresh lobia beans which you can eat with chapatti or rice.
-250 gm fresh lobia
– Potato 2 medium size
-1 Red tomato big size
– Bay leaves1-2
– Cumin Seed half tea spoon
– Onion 1 medium size
– Green chili 2~3
– Garlic cloves 4~5
– Ginger 1 inch
– Finely sliced onion 2~3 spoon
– Coriander powder 1 spoon
– Turmeric powder 1/2 tea spoon
– Garam masala 1 or 1/2 tea spoon
– Cumin seed powder 1/2 tea spoon
– Mustard oil 3-4 spoon (depend upon your cooking)
– Salt to taste
-Green coriander leaves for garnishing
– Wash fresh lobia and cut in small pieces1/2 inch .
– Peel potato, cut in small pieces and wash them.
– Make paste of onion, garlic, ginger and green chili.
– Make paste of tomato.
– Heat oil in a deep pan.
– Now crackle cumin seeds and bay leaves.
– Add sliced onion and fry then till turned brown.
– Now add paste of onion, garlic, ginger and green chili and fry this masala paste until it turns brown.
– Now add all spices except garam masala and fry this paste until oil gets separated.
– Now add tomato paste, salt to taste and cook till again oil gets separated from this curry masala.
– Add fresh lobia beans and potato, mix them well and cook it for 2-3 minutes by putting lid on pan.
– Add 2 cup water to it and cook till potato get soft.
– Now add 1/2 tea spoon garam masala powder and cook for another 3 minutes.
– Fresh lobia curry is ready for serve, but garnish it with chopped coriander leaves before serving.