Raita is very common recipe in Indian culinary. It is eaten as side dish with main course. Raita is a curd based recipe and there are a range of raita dishes like Palak, Bathua, cucumber, Lauki, boondi (Base fried balls), pineapple and many more.
All raita recipes are made with blended curd. As i am from North India and in North India, we use roasted cumin seeds, black salt and sea salt as main spice for raita or you can simply use any chaat powder.
Here i am going to detail the recipe for making cucumber raita.
Ingredients for cucumber raita:
- Cucumber 1 medium size
- Curd 2 cup
- Green finely chopped chili 1-2
- Red chili powder 1/2 table spoon
- Roasted Cumin Seeds 1 tbl spoon
- Black Salt to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 spoon chopped green coriander leaves
- Peal cucumber and then grate using a grater or you can chopped it in fine pieces.
- Blend curd using a blender or you can also blend using hand blender.
- Add grated cucumber and all ingredients in curd.
- Mix well and garnish with chopped green coriander leaves.
Cucumber raita is ready to serve as side dish, you can store it by refrigerating this for 1-2 days.