Chhola or Curry of while chickpeas is very famous spicy dish of northern India. There are different recipe for making chhole. In northern India it is very common side dish with puri, bhature, rice and some time with somosa.
Here is recipe for making chhole masala.
Ingredients for 4-5 serve
Optional Ingredients for decoration
- Ginger Juliennes 1 spoon
- Tomato slices 1
- Coriander leaves chopped 1-2 spoon
- Cottage cheese crumbled 1-2 spoon
- Soak chickpeas for 6-8 hr in water and boil it in pressure cooker for 10 min, till it get soften.
- Make paste of onion, garlic, ginger and green chili.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Crackle cumin seeds and bay leaves.
- Add sliced onion and fry then till turned brown.
- Now add paste of onion, garlic, ginger and green chili. and fry this masala paste until it turns brown.
- Now add tomato paste and all spices except garam masala and fry this paste until water gets separated.
- Now add boiled chickpeas and add some water and salt to taste.
- Cook it for 5 minutes and then add 1/2 spoon garam masala powder and cook for another 3 minutes.
Note: You can use ready made chole or chane masale like MDH Chana masala or Everest Chhole masala in place of Coriander powder, Turmeric powder, Garam masala, Cumin seed powder, Red Chili powder.