Egg plant is a vegetable which is found almost every part of world. Most common names in English are brinjal, Eggplant. In India this vegetable is known as baigan. It is a vegetable and part of our food either cooked or baked. There are many different recipes of baingan. Here I am writing a tangy curry recipe of baingan.
– Baingan 500 gm
– 2 small potato
– Fresh ginger garlic paste 1 spoon
– Garam masala 1 tsp
– Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
– Red chili powder 1/2 tps
– 1/2 tsp jeera powder
– Tomato puree 2-3 spoon
– 1 red fresh tomato
– Aamchoor powder 1/2 tsp
– Salt to taste
– Cooking oil 2-3 spoon
– Peal and cut potato in small cubes
– Cut baigan in small cubes
– Wash with water
– Heat oil in cooking pan and sauté ginger garlic paste then add all spices, tomato puree and cook for a while
– Now add vegetables to it and mix well
– Now add sprinkle salt and mix well and add tomato and cook it by putting lid on pan.
– After file minutes add aamchoor powder and some water to it and cooked till baigan and potato get cooked.
– Tangy baingan curry is ready to serve, serve with riche chapati.