Arhar(tuvar) daal is very common daal in Indian culinary. There are many dishes of this daal. In summers many people makes daal with raw mango.
Ingredients for arahar daal:
– Tuvar daal 150 gm
– Raw mango half
– Jeera 1/2 tbl spoon
– Turmeric(haldi powder) 1/2 tea spoon
– Red chili powder as per taste(optional)
– Clarified butter 1 spoon
– Salt to taste
– Wash daal with water and soek it for 15-20 minutes
– Now put daal, pealed mango 1/2, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and adequate quantity of water in pressure cooker.
– Cook it till 2-3 vessel and put off cooker from stove and leave it to cool down.
– Now heat clarified butter in frying pan and make jeera crackle
– Put daal in pan.
Daal is ready to serve. Serve with rice, chapati.