Arbi is root vegetable and found in South East Asia. There are many arabi sabzi and other recipes like pakora of arabi leaves and other. Here I am writing very simple sabzi recipe of arbi common in North India.
– Arabi root 250 gm
– Lemon juice 1 tbl spoon or dry mango powder 1/2 tbl spoon
– Red tomato 1
– Chopped Garlic cloves 4~5
– Chopped green chilli 2
– Ajwain 2 pinch
– Kala Jeera/ Mangrail pinch
– Turmeric powder 1/2 tea spoon
– Mustard oil 1 spoon
– Salt to taste
– Wash arabi in water and boil it by adding lemon juice or dry mango powder
– When arbi gets soft put it aside and let it cool down.
– Now peel arbi carefully and make 1/2 cm thick slices
– Now heat oil in a pan
– Make crackle of ajwain and kala jeera and add chopped garlic and chili
– Sauté for 1 min
– Now add finely chopped tomato, salt, haldi powder and cook till tomato gets cooked
– Finally add sliced arbi and mix well
– Cook it for 3-4 minutes and putting lid on(if required add very small amount of water).
Arbi sazi is ready to serve, serve as side dish with chapati, paratha or daal chawal.