Mint tea is prepared from mint leaves (Pudina in Hindi). It has refreshing and aromatic taste. You can drink this tea hot or cold. Mint tea gives relief from digestive system problems such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), nausea, vomiting. This preparation is also useful in colic, common cold and bad breath.
If you are using fresh herb for tea preparation then make sure to remove imperfect leaves and wash the herb thoroughly to remove dirt and soil.
You can dry mint leaves for using later. For this purpose select perfect leaves, wash to remove dirt and soil then dry with clean towel. Hang or spread these leaves on mesh for faster drying. Always dry in shade.
Ingredients of Mint tea
A handful of fresh Mint leaves, boiling water, honey or sugar as per taste.
Recipe of Mint tea
- Take water (150 ml) in pan. Bring it to boil.
- Add handful of chopped mint leaves in this boiling water.
- Steep for ten minutes.
- Filter tea and drink hot.
- You may add honey as per taste. If you are diabetic then avoid adding honey or sugar.
Benefits of Mint tea
- Mint tea gives relief in Cramps, poor digestion
- Nausea, vomiting, heartburn
- Abdominal pains, spasm
- Headaches, common cold