Malai Kofta is a recipe made of cottage cheese dumplings and rich gravy of tomato, fresh milk cream, mawa(khoya) or cashew paste and spices.
As this dish is made of very rich ingredients so it is very testy and good for health in limited consumption.
Ingredients for Kofta balls for 2-3 serves:
- Potatoes 3-4 medium sized.
- Cottage cheese 100 gm mashed or grated
- 1/2 cup carrot.
- 1/4 cup green pees.
- 1-2 green finely chopped chilli
- 1 table spoon garlic paste
- 1 table spoon ginger paste
- Green coriander leaves 1 spoon finely chopped
- Raisins 1 spoon
- 1/4 cup corn floor or corn starch
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 table spoon black pepper powder
- Refined oil to fry balls
- Boil potato, carrot and green peas on stove or Microwave them for 4-6 minutes after washing them care fully.
- Peal potato and mashed them with carrot, peas and cottage cheese.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green coriander leaves, salt, pepper powder and corn floor.
- Mix all ingredients finely.
- Make small size balls of mixture of 1 cm diameter or small and put raisins inside balls. (because these balls will increase in size when you add them in curry).
- Deep fry these balls in refined oil.
Ingredients for Gravy:
- Cashew 1/2 cup or mawa 1/2 cup.
- Milk Cream 1or 1/2 cup.
- Tomato paste 1 cup.
- Cumin seeds 1 table spoon.
- Dried fenugreek leaves(Kasuri Methi) 2 table spoon.
- Bay leaves one.
- Garam Masala 1/2 table spoon.
- Garlic 7-8 cloves.
- Ginger 1 inch.
- Onion 2 medium size.
- Green chilli 2.
- Red chilli powder 1 table spoon(Kashmiri or Degi Mirch).
- Turmeric 1/2 table spoon.
- Refined oil or Clarified butter 3-4 spoon.
- Salt to taste.
- Coriander leaves 1 bunch for garnishing.
- Wash and soak cashew, fenugreek leaves and cumin seeds for 30 minutes.
- Make fine paste of cashew, fenugreek leaves and cumin seeds in grinder by adding some water to it or make this paste with mawa instead of cashew.
- Take cut 1/2 onion and cut into small pieces and keep aside.
- Make paste of rest onion, garlic, ginger and green chilli.
- Put deep pan on stove and heat oil/butter.
- Add bay leaves and stir for 30 sec.
- Add pieces of onion and fry it till onion get brown.
- After this add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli paste and stir it on medium flam till it gets brown.
- Add tomato paste and cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- After this add red chilli powder and turmeric powder to it and stir it for 1 min.
- Now add cashew paste or mawa and salt and stir it for another few minutes until oil is getting separated from masala.
- Finally add milk cream and add some water and cook it for boil and add garam masala and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mali kofta gravy is ready, add cofta balls and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves and serve with rice, chapati or puri.