Soybean or soya Bean is an oil legumes from pulse family. It is an annual herbaceous plant from Fabaceae; legume or bean family and native to south eastern Asia. The Soy beans are processed to form vegetable oil, soybean sauce, cheese, milk, curd, margarine and as coffee substitute. Soy beans are excellent source of protein at very low cost.
Soya bean milk is prepared from dried beans. It can be a substitute for animal milk. It offers several health benefits. It is rich in protein and a good option for people with lactose intolerance. Soya milk is easy to prepare at home. You can prepare Soy milk Here is given recipe of Soyabean milk.
Ingredients Required For Soya milk
Recipe of Soy milk
- Take one cup Soya beans. Pick stone, leaves and damaged beans. Wash thoroughly under running water and soak in water for 10-12 hours. You can soak beans at night and prepare milk next morning.
- Drain water after 10 hours. For reducing the beany flavour and preparing tasty soya milk, remove the seed coat or de-husk the beans. This can be done by simple process. Take 5 cup water in a pan and bring it to boil. Cook at low flame for 5-15 minutes. After that drain and rinse with cold water. Remove the seat coat.
- Grind to make paste by adding some water.
- Add 3 cups of water in the paste and mix thoroughly.
- Strain using sifter or muslin cloth. Squeeze out as much filtrate as possible.
- Boil the filtrate for 10-15 minutes. Skimming off the scum at intervals
- Add sugar to taste. You may add cardamom.