Fumitory tea is prepared from medicinal herb Fumaria officinalis. This tea is good for digestive system, liver, gallbladder, bile flow, skin problems etc. For preparing this tea herbs are added to boiling water and steeping is done for 10 minutes to extract active ingredients. In the process of tea making exposure to heat is for few minutes only to make sure vitamins and volatile oil are not completely lost.
Ingredients of Fumitory tea
Fumitory herb, water, honey or sugar (optional)
Recipe of Fumitory tea
- Take water (250 ml) in pan. Bring it to boil.
- Add Fumitory herb( 2gm) in this boiling water.
- Steep for ten minutes. For steeping purpose it is recommended to use porcelin or glass pot with tight lid to ensure minimum evaporation.
- Strain tea and drink lukewarm or cold an hour before meal.
- You can take this tea once or twice a day for 2-3 weeks.
- You may add honey as per taste. If you are diabetic then avoid adding honey or sugar.
Benefits of Fumitory Tea
- Good for digestive system
- Cures indigestion, digestive problems, constipation
- Purifies blood
- Useful in gallbladder and liver problem
- Stimulates bile flow