Fenugreek or methi is well known as spice, vegetable and as herb full of medicinal properties. Fenugreek is expectorant, laxative, estrogenic and stomachic. Tea prepared from fenugreek seeds is good for stomach related problems and respiratory tract infections. In early stage of respiratory infections (bronchitis, flu, sinusitis, catarrh, pneumonia), fenugreek tea causes sweating, helps body to fight better against infection and shortens duration of illness.
Fenugreek seed tea helps to remove accumulated body toxins and cures bad body smell.
Botanical name: Trigonella foenum-graecum
Ingredients of Fenugreek seed tea
Fenugreek seed (1 teaspoonful), Water
Optional: Honey, Lemon juice as per taste
Recipe of Fenugreek tea
- Take water (one cup) in pan. Bring it to boil.
- Remove from stove. Add crushed fenugreek seeds in this boiling water.
- In a tight lid glass container let it steep for 20 minutes.
- You may steep even for hours. The longer you soak the stronger is tea.
Strain tea and drink.
- You may add honey and lemon juice as per taste. If you are diabetic then avoid adding honey or sugar.
You can drink 4 cup of fenugreek tea in a day.
Uses of Fenugreek seed tea
- Laxative helps to cure constipation
- Helps to cure ulcers
- Good for digestive system
- Helps to remove excessive cough in respiratory tract
- Antipyretic helps in curing fevers
- Gives relief in sore throat
- Useful in diabetes, lowers blood sugar and cholesterol level
- Helps to cure bad breath and body odour
- Good for breastfeeding mothers as it improves breast milk supply as it has estrogenic effect on body