Fennel seeds or saunf has fragrant smell and good taste. These are used as masticatory and given after meals with misri. Fennel seeds are also used for flavouring various dishes.
Fennel seeds are aromatic, sweet, stimulant, laxative, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, mild expectorant, estrogenic and carminative.
Fennel tea is very useful in treating various digestive disorders like dyspepsia, heartburn, gas, acidity, constipation and abdominal pain. It can be taken after meals to improve digestion.
Fennel tea should be taken twice a day to manage and reduce weight.
Health benefits of Fennel tea
- Indigestion, Bloating, Abdominal pain
- Digestive disorders
- Painful menstruation, Menstruation related problems
- Weight loss
- Infantile colic
Recipe for making fennel tea
Here is recipe for fennel tea or Saunf tea. It is fennel infusion which is easy to prepare and good for health. In this you may add cardamom or cinnamon.
- Fennel seeds, Cardamom, water, Honey or sugar (Optional)
Recipe of Fennel tea
- Boil fennel seeds (2 tbsp), cardamom in glass of water.
- Cook for twenty minutes.
- Filter and drink. You may add honey.
Fennel tea can be given to babies in dose of 1 teaspoon to relieve abdominal gas and cramps.