Date or Khajur is very nutritive. These are rich in vitamin and minerals. Dates are sweet due to natural sugar. This sugar is easy to digest and gives energy. Dates contain several nutrients like sulphur, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, copper and magnesium. They are also very rich in fiber which makes them excellent laxatives. The high tannin content in Dates helps to treat intestinal disorders.
The fruit contain ascorbic acid in the form of vitamin C and carotenes in the form of vitamin A.
Latin name: Phoenix dactylifera
Family: Arecaceae, palm family
Indian name: Kharjur
Ingredients for Khjur ki chutney
Deseeded dates (10-15), Tamarind pulp (1 tsp), Cumin powder (2 tsp), salt (as per taste), water.
Recipe of Khjur ki chutney
- Take a thick bottom pan. Add dates, tamarind pulp and some water.
Cook at low flame for ten minutes.
- Add salt, cumin powder and chilli powder.
- Remove from stove and mash to form paste of consistency of chutney by adding water.
- Store in fridge and use within a weak.
Benefits of Date chutney
- Very tasty, nutritive
- Natural laxative so cure constipation
- Helpful in intestinal disorders
- Helpful in respiratory diseases and fever