Coriander seeds are the most important spice in our kitchen. These are regularly used in kitchen for preparing various dishes. Along with culinary use they are also medicinally important and able to cure several health problems.
Coriander seeds have astringent, anti-inflammatory, carminative, stimulant, stomachic, digestive, appetiser, diuretic, constipating, anti-pyretic, expectorant, anodyne, antibilious, laxative, anthelmintic activities.
Coriander seeds have lemony citrus flavour. These are warm, nutty and spicy. You can prepare tea of coriander seeds and can take 2- 3 times a day.
For preparing tea, take 1 teaspoonful of coriander seeds and crush them. Now boil in one cup water and cook for few minutes. Then strain and drink.
Benefits of Drinking Coriander tea
- Increases antioxidant level
- Beneficial in kidney stone, piles
- Anti-diabetic, diuretic effect
- Helps to cure oral infections, mouth ulcers
- Lowers blood cholesterol levels
- Effective in dysuria and retention of urines
- Beneficial in menorrhagia (heavy bleeding during periods), fever
- Drinking tea before meals helps to relieve gas and indigestion
- Rinsing mouth with this tea prevents dental cavities and other oral problems.
Do not drink in excess as that may cause reduced fertility in males and scanty menstruation in females.