Tinctures are prepared using herbs and alcohol. These can be used internally as well as externally. Here is given ingredients and process of preparing Chamomile tincture at home. For this preparation you need alcohol (Vodka or brandy) and flower heads of Chamomile.
Recipe of Chamomile Tincture
- Take chamomile flowers (1 cup) and put in a glass jar.
- Pour brandy or vodka (2 cups) on the herb.
- Tighten the lid and leave the container for a month.
- Stir occasionally.
- After a month, strain off the herb and use the tincture.
Medicinal uses of Chamomile Tincture
- Helps to induce sleep, can be given to child suffering from troubled sleeping
- Cures insomnia, sleep disorders
- Reduces anxiety, stress
- Gives relief in menstrual cramps, diarrhoea
- Used externally to wash cuts, wounds
- External application gives relief in bleeding gums, teething trebles
Dosage of Chamomile Tincture
For adults: 1/2 to 1 teaspoon thrice a day
For children: 1 ml to 3 ml (depending on age) thrice a day