Bathua is very nutritious but it is not liked by kids when cooked as bhaji due to its taste. So instead try it as paratha I am sure they will like it and will ask for more.
Recipe for bathua paratha
- Bathua 200gm
- Atta (Wheat flour)2 cups
- Chili 2
- Red chili powder 1 tbs
- Roasted cumin seeds ½ tbs
- Salt as per taste
- First of all select from bathua bunch its tender leaves and branches discard very rigid part such as root portion. Wash thus selected leaves with water till all dust or soil is removed otherwise the taste of paratha will be spoiled with dirt.
- Take clean bathua leaves and chop it finely with knife and add salt and green chopped chilies to it and leave for 5 mins.
- Take atta and add salt, red chili powder and roasted cumin seeds(jeera) , make sure you do not add too much salt as already salt is added to bathua.
- Add bathua to flour and mix well, add water and knead well to form soft dough. You may leave this dough for 15 mins or if in hurry use instantly.
- Divide dough into small balls and roll out in form of roti and then cook it on hot tawa.
- Serve hot with chutney, raita or pickels.