Bel Sharbat(Wood Apple Drink) is sweet drink prepared from ripe wood apple (Aegle Marmelos). The pulp of ripe fruit is rich source of carbohydrate, protein, fat, fibre, minerals and vitamin B, C and riboflavin (1191 units/ 100 g).
Here is recipe for making Bael Sharbat and health benefits details
- 1 medium-sized Bael fruit
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- 2 glasses Water
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Tamarind or lemon juice
- Take well ripened Bael fruit.
- Extract pulp of fruit.
- Add water and mash this pulp.
- Filter in a container.
- Add other ingredients and mix well.
- Bael drink is ready.
Benefits of Bael Drink
- Useful for stomach and intestinal disorders
- Cooling in nature
- Good for digestive system
- Very nutritive
- Improves immunity
- Beneficial in dysentery and scurvy