Aloo(potato) curry is very common in Indian culinary. Today i made a new potato curry using spice combination what i craving for in coconut milk and it was liked by everyone in my family, really it was very delicious. I named it “Aloo No-831”.
- 5-6 potato boiled and pealed
- Coconut milk 150-200 ml
- Imali(Tamarind) pulp 1 table spoon or as per taste
- Chilli powder(less hot version like kashmiri mirch or degi mirch or any other but i used Kasmiri) 2 table spoon
- Sonth powder(dried ginger) 1 table spoon
- Jeera powder(cumin) 1/2 table spoon
- Coriander powder 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 table spoon
- Curry leaves 8-10
- Vegetable oil 1-2 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Put spices chilli powder, sonth powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, jeera powder in a cup and add some water to make thin paste.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and put jeera seed into oil and wait for crackle.
- Now put half quantity of curry leaves into pan.
- Add spices paste into pan and stir with spatula
- Add salt as per your taste into spices and cook till oil start separating from masala. Adjust temp of pan so that spices does not get burnt.
- Now add potato after cutting it into cubes and cover all pieces with spice mix and cook for 2~3 minutes by putting lid on pan.
- Now add imali pulp and coconut milk, stir well and boil curry for 2~3 minutes. Adjust curry thickness by adding water or removing by boiling it on high temp.
- Add remaining curry leaves for dressing and remove pan from stove.
Aloo No-831 Curry is ready to serve along with poori, chapati or with boiled rice.
You can give a try to this if you are a potato lover.