During pregnancy many women get hungry very frequently between meals and they eat snacks. This is good thing but one should eat healthy snacks and should avoid snacks high in fat and sugar.
Here are some good snacks one can eat in pregnancy
- Backed beans on toast or baked vegetables
- Roasted nuts or pulses
- Fresh fruits
- Milky drinks or unsweetened fruit juices.
- Vegetable and bean soups
- Salad vegetables.
- Hummus and bread or vegetable sticks.
- Unsweetened breakfast cereals or porridge and milk.
- Sandwiches or pitta bread filled with grated cheese, lean ham, mashed tuna, salmon or sardines and salad.