Topi MP Gel from Schwabe is a homeopathic Gel for rheumatoid arthritis. It contains ingredients like Symphytum officinale, Rhus Toxicodendron which helps in rheumatism, sciatica, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Brand/Manufacturer: Schwabe
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Homeopathic Medicine
- Main Indication: Rheumatic and sciatic pains
- Presentation: Gel in Tube
- Price of Topi MP Gel: 25 grams @Rs. 72.00
- Contraindications: Do not use this product in patients known to be hypersensitive to plants of the poison ivy (Sumac) family
- Interactions: No known interaction
- Side-effects: No known side effects
Pain in joints may begin after the middle year of age. Women are more affected by joint pains and low back pains.
Cause of low back pain:
- It is seen in women due to multiple deliveries.
- It is seen during menses. Women suffering from white discharge(leucorrhoea) also have lower back pain.
- Low back pain is also related to cesarean delivery.
- Low back pain is seen in men due to sitting in front of the computer for a long duration. Sleeping on soft mattresses can also cause low back pain.
It is a mixture of homeopathic medicines. It is very effective for joint complaints. It has a mixture of remedies which is often used as pain killers in homeopathy and has known for reducing the signs of inflammation.
It is a homeopathic gel that is indicated for conditions like:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Lumbar spondylosis
- Cervical spondylosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis is a very common condition seen in many individuals.
This condition is associated with symptoms like:
- Pain in joints
- Tenderness in the area
- Warmth in the area
- Stiffness of joint
Another joint disease which this medicine covers is rheumatism. It is characterized by pain in joints and is of longer duration. It is related to stiffness and pain. It is an autoimmune disorder in which the body’s defense system works against the body.
It is a very good remedy for pain in muscle fibers. It is a kind of non-articular rheumatism. This is associated with pain in fibrous tissues and muscles. If this condition compresses the sciatic nerves it leads to a different kind of pain which is very severe in nature and seen mostly along the backside of buttocks, thigh, and feet.
This medicine can be given for another joint-related complaint, osteoarthritis. It is basically a degenerative disease and is related to the degeneration of joint cartilage.
Topi MP Gel Composition
Symphytum officinale 10% w/w: It is a very good remedy for injuries to tendons. It acts on joints. It can be given for pain along a nerve in the knee. It is a very good remedy for the non: the union of fractures. It cures irritability at the point of fracture.
Rhus Toxicodendron 2x 10% w/w: It is a very good remedy for osteoarthritis when a patient suffers from hot, painful swelling of joints. The patient feel has tearing pain in tendons and ligaments. It is given for rheumatic pains spread over a large surface at the nape of the neck. The patient feels better by moving. The patient feels the stiffness of joints. The patient cannot tolerate cold air. Cold air makes skin painful. It is a very good remedy for sciatica which is worse by cold and damp weather. The patient is worse at night. It cures tenderness around the knee joint.
Ledum palustre 5% w/w: It is a very good remedy for pain in gout. Pain shoots through the foot and joints. The patient feels pain in small joints. It cures swelling of joints. The patient has cracking in joints which is worse from the warmth of the bed. Rheumatism begins in the lower limbs and goes in the upper joints. It cures swelling insoles when patients feel difficulty in stepping on them. It can be given for easy spraining of ankles.
Topi MP Gel Benefits
- It has anti-inflammatory action.
- It supports the healing of damaged tissue.
- It improves joint mobility.
Topi MP Gel Important Therapeutic Uses
- Joint, Low Back and Sciatic Pain
- Rheumatic pain
- Sciatic nerve pain
How to Use Topi MP Gel
- This Gel is applied externally.
- The gel should be applied 2-3 times daily.
- Apply a thin layer on the affected areas.
- The gel should be lightly massaged into the skin.
Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Suggestions
- In rare cases, applying the Topi MP might cause allergic skin reactions. Because of the alcohol content, frequent applications may cause dryness and irritations of the skin. It has no known drug interaction.
- Any contact with open wounds and mucous membranes should be avoided carefully.
- The medication should not be used if a patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- Keep in a cool, dry place away from direct exposure to sunlight.
- Away from the reach of children.