Garlic cloves are full of medicinal properties. These are antioxidant, antibacterial and antiviral. Garlic contains numerous sulphur compounds, enzymes and minerals. It is an antioxidant that helps to scavenge free radicals.
The presence of sulphur compound gives it distinct odour, taste and medicinal properties. Garlic helps to lower blood pressure, kills bacteria, fungi, prevents blood clotting and have anti-tumour properties.
The presence of sulphur compound in garlic stimulates body to produce beneficial enzymes. Garlic has broad spectrum antimicrobial activity against bacteria, virus, parasites, protozoan and fungi. Pure honey has soothing and antibacterial activities against various pathogenic microorganisms.
It also helps to reduce inflammation. Here is recipe and uses of garlic and honey syrup.
Benefits of Garlic with honey
- Helps to cure cough, cold, flu, asthma
- Helps in curing fever
- Gives relief in coughing, congestion, sore throat
- Useful in allergic rhinitis and sinusitis
- Improves body immunity to fight infection
How to take Garlic with honey
- Take Honey (4 tablespoons) in a jar.
- Peel and wash garlic cloves (5-7). Crush and add in honey.
- Close the lid and leave this for few hours.
- Take 1 teaspoon of this frequently.