Dengue is viral fever caused by biting of mosquito, Aedes aegypti. Dengue is endemic in more than hundred countries across the world such as South-East Asia, Pacific islands, Africa and Tropical America.
There are around 60 million cases per year throughout the world. The incidence of dengue is increasing with each year. Dengue fever is a very dangerous, painful and debilitating disease.
There is no vaccine and no specific treatment available for this viral fever. Modern medical science offer good supportive system in these cases but no medication for quick recovery.
Alternative medicine with use of various medicinal herbs the platelet decreasing effect of this fever can be countered.
A such medicinal herb which increases platelet count and helps in faster recovery from dengue fever isEuphorbia Hirta. It is known as gatas-gatas or tawa-tawa in Philippines. This herb is also used by American tribes for dengue.
Latin name: Euphorbia hirta, other scientific names Euphorbia pilulifera, Euphorbia capitata, and Chamaesyce hirta
English: Euphorbia, Australian Asthma Weed, Pill-bearing Spurge.
Ayurvedic: Dudhi, Dudhikaa, Naagaarjuni, Vikshirini.
Unani: Dudhi Khurd.
Siddha/Tamil: Amman pachharisi
Recipe of Euphorbia Hirta Decoction For dengue treatment
- Euphorbia hirta plants (20), Water (1000 ml)
Process of making Euphorbia Hirta decoction
- Take Fresh whole plants of Euphorbia hirta.
- Soak fresh plants in water for 2 minutes and then rinse with tap water to clean soil and dirt.
- Add in boiling water and cook for ten minutes.
- Leave and let it stand for 20 minutes. Filter using a strainer.
Drink in small amounts throughout the day.
Effect of Euphorbia Hirta decoction in Dengue fever
- Increase blood platelet counts
- Immunomodulator effect
- Promotes development of blood platelets
- Stops haemorrhage and prevents further bleeding in dengue fever
- Improves associated symptoms such as nausea and abdominal cramps
- Helps in quick recovery
- Keeps body hydrated