Chrysanthemum or Guldaudi is medicinal and ornamental plant. It has beautiful flowers which are used as herbal tea, food supplement as they contains flavonoids and other bioactive elements. Chrysanthemum flower tea is well known Chinese tea which is used for improving eye sight, alertness, reducing anxiety and treating various ailments. This preparation acts as antibiotic against many bacteria.
Latin name: Chrysanthemum indicum
Chrysanthemum tea recipe
Chrysanthemum flower 5-10 gms, water 2 cups, Honey or sugar as per taste
How to prepare Chrysanthemum tea
- Take a pan and put 2 cup water in it.
- Bring this water to boil.
- Add dried Chrysanthemum flower in boiling water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain, add sugar or honey and drink hot.
Benefits of Chrysanthemum Flower tea
- Headaches, dizziness, eye pain
- Cooling effect on body
- Cough, flu, fever, Sore throat
- Improves alertness
- Good for liver
- Cardiac tonic
- Helpful in reducing high blood pressure, angina
This tea is very helpful in treating pneumonia, sore throat, headaches and reducing stress.