Poha (bitten) rice is very common in India. In Eastern part of India it is also known as chuda. There are a lot of different recipes of poha. Here I am going to write very simple poha recipe, which you can eat in breakfast or any time you like. There are many different side dishes which makes very good combination with this recipe like curd, jalebi, usal(green pea curry) etc.
Ingredients for making poha:
- 2 cups Poha (Beaten Rice)
- 1 Onions (chopped)
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1-2 Curry leaves
- 2-3 spoon Peanuts
- 2 spoon cooking oil
- 1-2 tea spoon sugar
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Lemon
- 1 spoon chopped Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Soak the poha in water(make sure it do not soaked to much). Wash and drain all the water.
- Add some sugar, salt , turmeric powder mix well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry peanuts and keep aside
- Now make crackle of mustard seeds and add curry leaves, chilli and onions.
- Cook till onion start changing color to brown.
- Now add poha and peanuts to it and still well.
- Cook for another 5-8 minutes on slow flame.
- Poha is ready for serve , Sprinkle coriander leaves and lemon juice before serving it.
Tips* - You can add some vegetables like boiled potato, tomato, capsicum and other dry fruits to your poha.