Panjabi chhole is very famous north India recipe. Which you can eat with rice, chapati, naan, puri and bhature. Here I am writing very easy recipe for making panjabi chhole.
- Kabuli chana 2cups
- Tomato paste 1 cup
- Ginger and garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Onion 1 chopped
- Green chilies 1 chopped
- Cumin seeds(jeera) ¼ tbs
- Turmeric powder ¼ tbs
- Red chili powder ½ tbs
- Coriander powder 1 tbs
- Chana masala 3 tbs
- Oil for cooking
- Salt as per taste
- Soak kabuli chana in lukewarm water with tea bag for whole night.
- Take soaked kabuli chana and tea bag in pressure cooker and cook till become soft. The duration for pressure cooking vary for type of chana.
- Heat oil in pan and when heated add cumin seeds to crackle.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and chopped onion.
- When onion turns pink add coriander powder and cook for 1 mins.
- Add turmeric powder,salt and red chili powder.
- Add chana masala and cook at medium flame.
- When all the spices get cooked add tomato paste and green chili and mix well.
- Add pressure cooked chana to it. You may also add the water that is use to cook chana in cooker. Cook till all water evaporates.
- Punjabi chole is ready garnish with dhania patti and serve.