Tori(Nenua) is summer green vegetable, cultivated across India. It is great source of vitamins, iron and other minerals which are required for our body in summer. There are many dishes of tori like mustard & coriander based gravy, bharta with kalonji, with onion, with chana etc.
Here I am writing very simple and delicious recipe of tori with soaked chana(Gram/Chickpea).
Ingredients for tori chana sabji:
- Tori 500 gm
- 1 Cup soaked chana
- Onion 1 large
- Garlic 4-5 cloves
- Green chili 2-3
- Jeera 1-2 pinch
- Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil 1-2 spoon
- Sabji masala or kitchen king
- Salt to taste
Method for making tori chana bhaji:
- Clean and cut tori in 1 inch pieces(Clean roughly tori with blunt side of knife)
- Peal potato and cut in small cubes
- Chopped green chilli and garlic cloves
- Cut onion in little thick slices
- Boil or microwave(3-4 minutes with some water) soaked chana to get soft
- Heat oil in frying pan
- Crackle with jeera
- Sauté chopped green chili and garlic
- Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame
- Now add chana and tori and mix well
- Add sabji masala/kitchen king, salt and chili powder.
- Mix well and cook by putting lead on pan
- Steer in between and cook till tori get cooked.
- Serve with plain paratha, rice and daal.