Here is the recipe for moong daal halwa given by Bhavana Yadav.
- 1 cup dhuli moong daal (You can use moong daal powder)
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- 10~15 Almonds
- 1 pinch kesar Or eatable yellow color
- 1/2 cup mava
- 1/4 cup milk
- Soak daal for 5 hr in water and make paste(make sure paste should not be very fine)
- Make sugar syrup by adding 1/2 cup water.
- Peel soaked almonds and make long slices.
- Now heat clarified butter in deep frying pan and cook daal paste till it turned to brown on low flame. It will take time don’t do this in hurry.
- Now add sugar syrup , mashed condensed milk, kesar or edable kesar color and mix well.
- When butter gets separated that means halwa is ready.
- Garnish with almonds and other dry fruits and enjoy halwa.