Chilli paneer is an Indian style Chinese recipe made from cottage cheese and drum chilli(Capsicum). You can also add other vegetable like carrot and cabbage along with onion. This dish is really very tasty and healthy.
- Cottage cheese 400 gm
- 2 medium large size capsicum(you can use all color available like green, red and yellow)
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup grated Carrot and cabbage(Optional)
- 1 cup corn-starch
- Crushed Garlic 5-6 cloves
- Crushed ginger 1/2 inch
- Chilli Sauce 1-2 spoon
- Tomato puree 1-2 spoon
- Good quality vinegar(1-2 small spoon)
- 1 small spoon soya sauce
- 1~2 pinch ajinomoto
- Oil to fry cottage cheese and vegetable
- Salt 1/2 small spoon
- Cut paneer in 1/2 inch cubes and add corn starch to paneer cubes.
- Fry paneer in cooking oil
- Cut onion and capsicum in 1/2 inch pieces
- Heat oil in a deep pan and cook crushed Ginger, garlic.
- Add tomato puree and chilli sauce and cook for 1 minute
- Cook onion and capsicum for 1 minute on high flame, add vinegar, soya sauce, salt and ajinomoto and mix well
- Now mix corn leftover corn starch(add 1-2 spoon) in water(500 ML) and put in pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes by steering it
- Chilli paneer is ready to serve