Arbi is root vegetable and found in South East Asia. There are many arabi sabzi and other recipes like pakora of arabi leaves and other. Here I am writing very simple sabzi recipe of arbi common in North India.
- Arabi root 250 gm
- Lemon juice 1 tbl spoon or dry mango powder 1/2 tbl spoon
- Red tomato 1
- Chopped Garlic cloves 4~5
- Chopped green chilli 2
- Ajwain 2 pinch
- Kala Jeera/ Mangrail pinch
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Mustard oil 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Wash arabi in water and boil it by adding lemon juice or dry mango powder
- When arbi gets soft put it aside and let it cool down.
- Now peel arbi carefully and make 1/2 cm thick slices
- Now heat oil in a pan
- Make crackle of ajwain and kala jeera and add chopped garlic and chili
- Sauté for 1 min
- Now add finely chopped tomato, salt, haldi powder and cook till tomato gets cooked
- Finally add sliced arbi and mix well
- Cook it for 3-4 minutes and putting lid on(if required add very small amount of water).
Arbi sazi is ready to serve, serve as side dish with chapati, paratha or daal chawal.