Pomegranate tea is prepared from buds, flowers and leaves of Punica granatum tree. The leaves have gastroprotective, astringent, anti-diarrhoeal and antioxidant activities. This herbal tea is good for scavenging free radicals from body that causes ageing and diseases.
Ingredients of Pomegranate tea
Leaves (3 gm), buds (2), flowers (3) of Pomegranate, Basil leaves (5), Black pepper (3), Honey and water
Recipe of Pomegranate tea
- Take water (150 ml) in pan. Bring it to boil.
- Add all ingredients, except honey in this boiling water.
- Cook for few minutes.
- Strain tea and drink hot.
- You may add honey as per taste. If you are diabetic then avoid adding honey or sugar.
Health Benefits of drinking Pomegranate tea
- Cures cold, cough
- Good for digestive system
- Cures stomach disorders, diarrhoea
- Improves digestion, intestinal movement
- Reduces gastric ulcer risk
- Cures sleeplessness (Insomnia)
- Strong antioxidant
- Caffeine free herbal tea
Very rarely it can cause some allergy in some people