Neem tree (Azadirachta indica) has innumerable medicinal uses. Its every part is used for medicinal purpose. It is also known as Margosa. In Ayurveda Neem is described as a tree which has ability to prevent and cure all diseases.
Its leaves contains flavonoid, quercetin, nimbosterol and limuloids which have anti-diabetic, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. Neem leaves can be used orally and topically to cure various health problems.
Neem tea is beneficial for overall health. When taken for a month Neem tea helps to lower increased cholesterol levels. This tea is also helpful in preventing kidney and liver problems.
Ingredients of Neem Tea
- Neem leaves (10-20), water, black pepper (7), Honey as per taste
Recipe of Neem tea
- Take water (250 ml) in pan. Bring it to boil.
- Add neem leaves and black pepper in this boiling water.
- Cook at low flame for few minutes.
- Strain tea and drink hot.
- You may add honey as per taste. If you are diabetic then avoid adding honey or sugar.
Uses of Neem tea
- Helps to purify blood
- Helps to lower blood sugar level, blood pressure
- Helps to reduce cholesterol levels
- Useful in heart palpitation
- Improves liver function
- Cure digestive problems, insomnia, migraine, urticaria
- Can also be used to gargle for sore throat, gum problems, bad breath
- Helps to cure dry cough