Coconut water is clear nutritive liquid containing vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes from green unripe coconuts. It has cooling, refrigerant, diuretic and demulcent properties. In large doses it acts as laxative.
The drinking of coconut water during pregnancy offers several health benefits. It improves immunity, gives energy and electrolyte, cures fatigue and offers lot more health benefits. In India, it is believed that drinking coconut water in later stage of pregnancy improves baby's complexion. This fruit juice is free from chemicals and additive and you can drink it without thinking of any side-effects. But keep in mind, if you drink it in excess than it acts as laxative.
There are countless health benefits of drinking coconut water. It is good for mother and baby. It also gives relief in various health issues related to pregnancy such as fatigue, leg cramps, anaemia etc. It has antihypertensive properties due to presence of potassium and thus helps in management of elevated blood pressure in pregnancy.
Coconut water is also useful in treating urinary infections such as UTI. It has diuretic properties thus increases urine production from body but without ion loss from body. It has also conceptive and anti-abortive properties. It helps to supports pregnancy and should be taken by women suffering from threatened or habitual abortions.
Here are some health benefits for pregnant
- Improves immunity and digestion
- Gives energy, nutrition and enzymes
- Gives relief in vomiting and replenishes electrolyte loss from body
- Contains folate or vitamin B9 which is required for reducing anaemia
- Cures fatigue and weakness
- Gives relief in abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting
- Promotes intestinal health
- Detoxifies body and promotes metabolism
- Gives relief in leg cramps during pregnancy
- Hydrates body, balances electrolytes in body
- Prevents high blood pressure, and controls sugar level
- Washing face with this helps to prevent pimples, blackheads during pregnancy