Mankind Manforce Tablet is an Allopathic medicine, manufactured
by Mankind Pharma. This medicine is citrate salt of sildenafil and used in
treatment of ED, erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence is
the inability to get or keep an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse.
Manforce Tablet works by increasing blood flow to penis to maintain better
erection and relaxing the muscles.
Manforce Tablet, helps in treatment of ED but it is not the
cure for the condition. It is neither a hormone nor an aphrodisiac. This
medicine helps to maintain the erection when man is sexually excited. Manforce
Tablet is taken about an hour before the sexual intercourse. It should be
taken only once a day. Excess dose has many side effects on body.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits,
indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Brand: Mankind Pharmaceuticals
- Category: Viagra
- For: Men only
- Indication: Impotence
- Contains: Sildenafil citrate
- Schedule H drug: to be sold by retail on the prescription of a
Registered Medical Practitioner only.
- Price: Rs.247.50 for 9 tabs for 50mg and Rs. 232.00 for 4 tabs 100
Composition of Mankind Manforce Tablet
- Sildenafil Citrate
- Chemical Formula:
- Sildenafil Citrate is a selective inhibitor of cyclic guanosine
monophosphate (cGMP)-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5). It is a white to
off-white crystalline powder. It is absorbed in body rapidly. But when taken
with fat meals, its absorption is lowered.
- Sildenafil Citrate is excreted as metabolites predominantly in the feces
(approximately 80% of administered oral dose) and to a lesser extent in the
urine (approximately 13% of the administered oral dose).
- Manforce 50 mg
- Manforce 100 mg
Important Therapeutic Uses of Mankind Manforce Tablet
- Erectile dysfunction
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)
- Dosage of Mankind Manforce Tablet
- For most men, the most suitable dose is 50 mg.
- Preferably, it should be taken as needed, approximately 1 hour before sexual
activity. Though it can be taken anywhere from half an hour to 4 hours before
- Depending on toleration and effectiveness, it can be reduced to 25 mg or
increased to 100 mg.
- It is taken once a day only.
Side-effects, Contraindications, Interaction and Warning
- It has systemic vasodilatory properties.
- It lowers the blood pressure.
- It does not cure but treats erectile dysfunction.
- It is not an aphrodisiac or hormone.
- It helps to get an erection on being sexually excited. You will not get
erection just by taking pill.
- If you are older than age 65, have serious liver or kidney problems, taking
protease inhibitors, prostate problems, high blood pressure start with lowest
dose (25 mg).
- It should be used cautiously in resting hypotension (BP <90/50) or
hypertension (BP >170/110); cardiac failure or coronary artery disease
causing unstable angina and sickle cell or related Anemia.
- Use cautiously in patients with anatomical deformation of the penis
(such as angulation, cavernosal fibrosis or Peyronie’s disea
- It should not be generally used in men who have sexual dysfunction
due to cardiovascular status.
- High dose (200-800mg) can cause decreased blood pressure, syncope,
and prolonged erection.
- Prolonged erection greater than 4 hours and priapism (painful
erections greater than 6 hours in duration) have been reported infrequently
in high doses. Person must contact doctor because untreated priapism causes
penile tissue damage and permanent loss of potency.
- Drug interacts with alpha-blockers leading to symptomatic
hypotension (e.g. dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting).
- The safety of medicine is unknown in patients with Bleeding
disorders and patients with active peptic ulceration.
- Do not use with other erection enhancing medicines.
- It has no effect on sperm motility or morphology, and fertility.
- It must not be taken by patients who take nitrate containing
medicines (angina treating medicines, nitroglycerin, sosorbide mononitrate and
isosorbide dinitrate). As interaction of two will drop the blood pressure to
- Side-effects: In some men it can cause, headache, Flushing,
Dyspepsia, nasal congestion, Urinary tract infection, increased sensitivity to
light or blurred vision, diarrhea, Dizziness and Rash. Few people also report
respiratory tract infection, back pain, flu syndrome, and arthralgia.