Hiranyagarbha Pottali Ras, is an Ayurvedic Pottali Kalp, referenced from Bhaishajya ratnavali, Grahani-rogadhikara. It is indicated in treatment of digestive disorders.
This medicine is a Pottali Rasayan. It is preparation of metals made out by cooking in form of small bolus. All Pottali preparation are not prepared in same manner. The main ingredients used in preparation of Pottali are Parada, Gandhaka, Lohadi varga and Kumari swarasa, Babbula niryasa, Nimbu etc as binding agents. Kajjali is the key Ingredient of pottali.
Potali formulations are highly potent medicines and taken in small dosage. They are palatable and fast-acting.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Hiranyagarbha Pottali Ras
- Rasaraja (Shuddha Parada) 1 Part
- Hataka (Svarna bhasma) 2 Parts
- Muktaphala (Mukta bhasma) 4 Parts
- Dirghanihsvana (Shankha bhasma) 6 Parts
- Bali (Shuddha Gandhaka) 3 Parts
- Varatika (Kapardika bhasma) 3 Parts
- Tankana (Shuddha) 1/4 Part
- Nimbu (Fr.) Q. S. for mardana
Method of Preparation
Ingredients 1-7 are to be triturated with Nimbu juice and dried up. Then, it is to be placed inside a Musha, covered with clay smeared cloth, and Puta Paka given with 30 cow dung cakes. When cooled, it is removed and powdered.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Hiranyagarbha Pottali Ras
- Mandagni (Impaired digestive fire)
- Grahani (Malabsorption syndrome)
- Vishamajvara (Intermittent fever)
- Gudankura/ Arsha (Piles)
- Atisara (Diarrhea)
- Shvasa (Dyspnoea/Asthma)
- Kasa (Cough)
- Pinasa (Chronic rhinitis/sinusitis)
- Shotha (Inflammation)
- Pandu (Anemia)
- Yakrit-pliha roga (Disorder of Liver and Spleen)
Dosage of Hiranyagarbha Pottali Ras
125 mg-250 mg, twice a day with honey, Ghrita or black pepper.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Ayurvedic medicines containing detoxified, toxic material/ poisonous substances, heavy metals should be taken only under medical supervision.