Know how to use WHO recommended Ayurvedic medicines to treat hyperacidity. This a condition in which the level of acid in the gastric juices is excessive, causing discomfort. These medicines are effective if taken in prescribed dosage for given time period.
Ayurvedic medicines to treat hyperacidity
1) Dhatri louha: Dhatri Lauha is prepared from four ingredients viz. Dhatri phala, mulethi, giloy and mineral Lauha bhasma. Dhatri Lauha has dipana (appetizer) pachana (digestive), shrot-shodhak (channel cleanser), tridoshaghna (body humor specifier), Raktavardhak (one which increases blood), Rasayana (rejuvenative) and balya (one which increases strength) properties.
Dosage and administration: 500 mg twice daily with honey or ghee before after the meal for 14-21 days.
2) Amalki Rasayan is a tonic. It improves digestion and immunity. It reduces acidity and gives relief in constipation. It shows beneficial effects in variety of diseases.
Dosage and adminstration: 1 to 2 teaspoonful (5 to 10gm) in the morning and evening with warm milk for 14-21 days or as directed by physician.
3) Avipattikar Churna is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine indicated in hyperacidity. It has antacid property. It reduces excess pitta and balances tridosha. It is useful in heartburn, ulcers, colitis, stomach pains, indigestion, and chronic constipation.
Dosage and adminstration: 1-2 gm twice daily for 14-21 days.
Herbs to treat hyperacidity
1) Indian Gooseberry( amla) Helpful in curing indigestion, hyperacidity, constipation, anaemia. Fresh Amla juice also give relief from acidity and gastric disorders.
Dosage and adminstration:Take Amla powder (1 teaspoon) with honey after meals for 15-30 days.
Take 10~20 ml of Amla juice with 5 gm of misri twice a day gives relief for 15-30 days.
2) In Ayurveda Tinospora Cordifolia is important constituent of various medicine used to treat skin problems, inflammation, worms, fever, infection, diabetes, liver problems and weakness.