Hingvadi Churna is polyherbal Ayurvedic formulation. This medicine is referenced from Ayurvedic treatise Yog Ratnakar, and is indicated in Gulma Chikitsa (abdominal tumours). Hingvadi Churna is prepared from Heeng, pippali, Dhaniya, jeera, and many other medicinal herbs. It is used to treat digestive disorders and several other ailments.
Here is given more about Hingvadi Churna such as indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Key Ingredients of Hingvadi Churna
The complete list of ingredient is given below:-
- Hing - shuddha (Exd.) 1 Part
- Granthika (Pippali) (Rt.) 1 Part
- Dhaniya (Dhanyaka) (Fr.) 1 Part
- Jiraka (shveta jiraka) (Fr.) 1 Part
- Vaca (Rz.) 1 Part
- Cavya (St.) 1 Part
- Agni ( Chitrak) (Rt.) 1 Part
- Pathha (Rt.) 1 Part
- shathi (Rz.) 1 Part
- Vrikshamla (Fr.P.) 1 Part
- Saindhava Lavana( rock salt) 1 Part
- Sauvarcala Lavana 1 Part
- Vida Lavana 1 Part
- shunthhi (Rz.) 1 Part
- Marica (Fr.) 1 Part
- Pippali (Fr.) 1 Part
- Yava kshara (Yava) (Pl.) 1 Part
- Dadima - bija (Sd.) 1 Part
- Pathya (Haritaki) (P.) 1 Part
- Paushkara (Pushkara) (Rt.) 1 Part
- Vetasamla (Amlavetasa) (Fr.) 1 Part
- Hapusha (Fr.) 1 Part
- Ajaji (shveta jiraka) (Fr.) 1 Part
- Ardraka rasa (Ardraka) (Rz.) Q.S.
- Bijapura rasa (Matulunga) (Fr.) Q.S.
Method of Preparation
Powders of ingredients 1 to 24 are soaked in Ardrak Rasa/juice and dried in the sun. It is then soaked in Bijapura Rasa, dried in the sun and powdered.
Uses of Hingvadi Churna
This medicinal powder is indicated in following conditions:
Adhmana (Flatulance with gurgling sound), Colicky Pain, Grahani (Malabsorption syndrome), Gulma (Abdominal lump), Hridroga (Heart disease), Pain in the groin), Pelvic pain, Kati shula (Lower backache), Diseases of abdomen/ enlargement of abdomen), Vasti shula (Pain in urinary bladder), Pain in breast tissue), Pain in Scapular region, Parshva shula (Intercostal neuralgia and pleurodynia), and Mandagni (Impaired digestive fire).
Dosage of Hingvadi Churna
The recommended dosage of Hingvadi Churna is 2 to 4 g, twice a day with Butter-milk or warm water. Or take as directed by physician.