Vat Gajankush Ras is herbomineral Ayurvedic medicine. This medicine is referenced from Bhaishajya ratnavali, Vata-vyadhyadhikara.
Vat Gajankush Ras is useful in treatment of neuromuscular disorders, muscular pains, joint pains, rheumatic pains and Vata disorders. It is especially useful in Vata rog caused due to deranged Vata and Kapha.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Vat Gajankush Ras
- Rasa sindura 1 Part
- Loha (Lauha bhasma) 1 Part
- Tapya (Makshika bhasma) 1 Part
- Gandhaka shuddha 1 Part
- Talaka (Shuddha Haritala) 1 Part
- Pathya (Haritaki) (P.) 1 Part
- Shringi (Karkatashringi) (Gl.) 1 Part
- Visha (Vatsanabha) (Rt.) 1 Part
- Marica (Fr.) 1 Part
- Pippali (Fr.) 1 Part
- Shunthi (Rz.) 1 Part
- Agnimantha (Rt.) 1 Part
- Tankana shuddha 1 Part
- Mundidrava (Munditika) (Fl.) Q. S. for mardana One day
- Nirgundi drava (Lf.) Q. S. for mardana One day
Ras Sindoor/Rasa Sindura is a mineral preparation of Ayurveda. It is a Kupipakva (processed in Kaach-Kupi or glass bottel) rasayan containing Shuddha parad and Shuddha Gandhak. Chemically, it is red sulphide of mercury. It is very effective in kaphaja roga (disease due to kapha), Balakhasya (loss of strength), Dhatukhasya (tissue wasting), Hrddaurbalya (weakness of heart), Prameha (Diabetes), Shula (colicky pain) nad inflammatory conditions.
Nirgundi is also known as Nirgundi, Tarvan, Negad, Veeru. The leaves of Nirgundi (Vitex negundo Linn;family Verbenaceae) is used in Ayurveda for inflammatory swelling of joints, in rheumatism. It has Vishaghna (Antitoxic), Antiseptic, Anti-periodic and analgesic action. It is one of the important herb used to treatment Vata diseases. The leaves contain iridoid glycosides, isomeric flavanones and flavonoids, besides casticin and the glucosides, luteolin-7-glucoside and alpha-D-glucoside of a tetrahydroxy monomethoxy flavone.
A water extract of the leaves, when administered to rats, exhibited anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antihistaminic and membrane stabilizing and antioxidant activities.
Trikatu is combination of dry ginger, black pepper and long pepper. It is effective for burning ama (metabolic waste and toxins) which is the prime cause of all disease. It supports better digestion and cures constipation. It stimulates the liver to secrete bile which is vital for fat digestion and absorption. It also balances Kapha.
Process of making Vatgajankush Rasa
Kajjali is prepared by blending Shuddha Gandhak and Parad.
In Kajjali fine powder of medicinal herbs is blended.
This blend is processed in processed in Gorakhmundi swaras, Nirgundi patra swaras till a uniform blend is achieved. This formulation is called Vaatgajankush Ras
Benefits of Vat Gajankush Ras
- It reduces swelling.
- It gives relief in pain.
- It has alterative, carminative and stomachic properties.
- It has anti-obesity properties.
Uses of Vat Gajankush Ras
- Vata Ganjakush Ras is used in treatment of Vata-disorders, paralysis, hemiplegia, facial paralysis, Joint pains, Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Sciatica, Frozen shoulder, Muscular pains, Inflammation of a tendons etc.
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Gridhrasi (Sciatica)
- Kroshtuka Sirsha (Synovitis of Knee joint)
- Avabahuka (Brachialgia: arm pain due to a problem with the nerves, most frequently a compressed or pinched nerve in the neck)
- Manya Stambha (Neck rigidity/Torticollis: Contraction of neck muscles involuntarily, causing head to twist or turn to one side)
- Urustambha (Stiffness in thigh muscles)
- Pakshaghata (Paralysis/Hemiplegia: total or partial paralysis of one side of the body from disease of or injury to the motor centers of the brain)
Dosage of Vat Gajankush Ras
- 1-3 tablets in the morning and evening with Pippali, Madhu, Manjishtha Kvatha Kwath or Dashmula kwath, or as directed by the physician.
- Ayurvedic medicines containing detoxified, toxic material/ poisonous substances, heavy metals should be taken only under medical supervision.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Vat Gajankush Ras), Dabur (Vatgajankush Ras) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.