Cough is a very uncomfortable common respiratory problem. Actually it is a symptom and not a diseases. It occurs to expel unwanted material such as excessive secretions, from respiratory tract. This condition can be due to upper respiratory tract infection, lung infection, asthma, cold air, smoke etc. In Ayurveda, there are numerous medicines which are useful in treating cough. These medicines are herbal and does not pose any health risk. Here is given 5 such powder/churna which gives relief in common cold, cough.
- Trikatu churna is ayurvedic preparation containing equal amounts of dry ginger, black pepper and Long pepper(pippali). It is a good remedy for treating respiratory infections. Trikatu churna is also has rejuvenative and digestive properties.
- Trikatu churna decreases Vata and Kapha but increases pitta inside body.
- Dosage of Trikatu churna is 1-3 grams with meals, twice a day.
- Sitopaladi churna balances vata, pitta and kapha. This is useful medicine to treat cough, colds, flu, and fevers.
- The dosage of Sitopaladi churna is 1/4 teaspoon with honey once or twice a day.
- Jethimadh churna is prepared by grinding Mulheti or yashtimadhu and sieving through thin cloth. This preparation has expectorant properties.
- The dosage of Jethimad churna is 1/4 teaspoon with honey once or twice a day.
- Haritaki churna is herbal preparation of harad fruits. The fruits of haritaki are grinded to get fine powder.
- The dosage of Haritaki churna is 2-3 grams with honey once a day.
- Baheda churna is Ayurvedic medicine in powder form. This medicine is prepared form deseeded fruits of Baheda.
- The dosage of Baheda churna is 1/2-1 grams with honey, twice a day.