Balaswagandhadi tailam is an Ayurvedic medicated oil referenced from 'Sahasrayogam'. It is used externally as a massage oil in problems related to nerves, muscles and joints. Massaging with it strengthens muscles and ligaments.
It shows beneficial effects in wasting of muscles, rheumatic complaints, arthritis, neuralgia, paralysis, weakness of muscles, headaches, mental illness and fever.
Balaswagandhadi tailam is also useful in post-natal care.
Synonym: Ashwagandha bala lakshadi thailam, Bala Ashwagandhadhi Oil, Balashvagandhadi oil.
Key Ingredients of Balaswagandhadi thailam
Reference Text: Sahasrayogam
Complete list of 23 ingredients is given below:
- 768 g (drugs 1 to 3 in equal proportions)
- Water for decoction 12.288 l reduced to 3.072 l
- Taila (Tila) (Ol.) 768 g
- Dadhimastu (Godadhi) 3.072 kg
- Rasna (Rt./Lf.) 12 g
- Candana (Raktacandana) (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Manjishtha (Rt.) 12 g
- Derva (Pl.) 12 g
- Madhuka (Yashti) (Rt.) 12 g
- Coraka (Rz.) 12 g
- Sariva (Shveta Sariva) (Rt.) 12 g
- Ushira (Rt.) 12 g
- Jalada (Musta) (Rz.) 12 g
- Kushtha (Rt.) 12 g
- Agaru (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Suradruma (Devadaru) (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Haridra (Rz.) 12 g
- Kumuda (Kumuda) (Rz.) 12 g
- Kaunti (Renuka) (Sd.) 12 g
- Shatahva (Fr.) 12 g
- Padma kesara (Kamala) (Adr.) 12 g
Laksha is powdered well and placed in a vessel. Hot water is poured and stirred well. When the water becomes red it is strained and used.
Uses of Balaswagandhadi thailam
- Useful in vaat roga such as rheumatic complaints, arthritis and in wasting of muscles
- Neurological disorders, neuralgia
- Emaciation (extreme weight loss and thinness due to a loss of subcutaneous fat)
- Improve muscle strength
- Body massage oil, Post-natal care
· Used externally for Abhyanga or massaging
How to use Balaswagandhadi thailam?
This is for external use only. Lukewarm the oil and apply on affected body areas.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Kottakkal (Balaswagandhadi Kuzhampu), Arya Vaidya Sala (Balaswagandhadi Tailam), Vaidyaratnam Oushadhasala (Balaswagandhadi Thailam), AVP (Balaswagandhadi Thailam), Nagarjuna (Balaswagandhadi Thailam), Kerala Ayurveda Limited (Balaswagandhadi Thailam) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.