Visham Jwarantak Lauha (Putpakwa) is herbo-mineral Ayurvedic medicine. It has antiperiodic and diaphoretic activity. This medicine is tridoshnashk and useful in treating fevers due to different reasons especially for 'Pitta Pradhan' and 'visham jwar'. The reference of this medicine is from Rasendrasarasangraha, Jvaradhikara.
Ingredients of Visham Jwarantak Lauha (Putapakwa)
- Hingula sambhava Suta (Parada) shuddha 4 Parts
- Gandhak - shuddha 4 Parts
- Hema (Svarna) bhasma 1 Parts
- Lauha Bhasma 8 Parts
- Tamra Bhasma 8 Parts
- Abhraka Bhasma 8 Parts
- Vanga Bhasma 2 Parts
- Pravala Bhasma 2 Parts
- Mukta Bhasma 1 Parts
- Shankha Bhasma 1 Parts
- Shukti Bhasma 1 Parts
Method of Preparation
Drugs 1 & 2 are mixed and parpati to be made and then all drugs are mixed together and placed in the Samputha of Mukta shukti after drying and Laghu Putha is given. After the Putha, The shells are removed and then Bhasma alone is taken.
Benefits of Visham Jwarantak Lauh Putpakwa
- This medicine is useful in all type of fever and chronic fever.
- It improves digestion.
- It is pacifies pitta and Kapha.
- It contains Lauha Bhasma (Iron calcined) so it is also useful in treating anemia.
- It is good for liver.
- It improves strength and cures weakness.
- It cures amadosha (Products of impaired digestion and metabolism/ consequences of Ama).
Uses of Visham Jwarantak Lauha (Putapakwa)
- All types of Jvara (Fever)
- Vishamajvara (Intermittent fever)
- Jirnajvara (Chronic fever)
- Aruchi (Tastelessness)
- Atisar (Diarrhea)
- Grahani (Malabsorption syndrome)
- Gulma (Abdominal lump)
- Pliha Roga (Splenic disease)
- Kamala (Jaundice), spleen enlargement, anemia
- Shotha (Inflammation)
- Meha (Excessive flow of urine)
- Mutrakricchra (Dysuria)
- Kasa (Cough)
- Shvasa (Dyspnea/Asthma)
- Amadosha (Products of impaired digestion and metabolism/ consequences of Ama)
Dosage of Visham Jwarantak Lauha (Putpakwa)
The recommended dosage of this medicine is 65 mg -125 mg with Tulsi leaves juice/ Pippali/ roasted Hingu asafoetida/ Saindhava Lavana + honey, followed by hot water. The adjuvant (anupana) depends on the disease.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Ayurvedic medicines containing detoxified, toxic material/ poisonous substances, heavy metals should be taken only under medical supervision.
This medicine is manufactured by Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan (Visham Jwarantak Lauh Putpakwa (With Gold)), Dabur (Vishmjwarantak Lauh (Putpakwa) With Gold & Pearl) and some other pharmacies.