Pomegranate mouthwash is herbal preparation from hulls of pomegranate fruit. This preparation is effective remedy for preventing plaque formation, gingivitis and periodontists. Pomegranate fruit has several medicinal uses among those one is it’s antibacterial property.Mouthwash or rinses are part of oral hygiene to get rid of bacteria responsible for oral and gum problems, cavities, plaque formation and tooth decay. So you can try this simple recipe to make natural herbal mouthwash in your kitchen.
Benefits of using Pomegranate Mouthwash
- Antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and strong astringent
- Kills bacteria
- Effective in fighting dental plaque and tartar formation
- Removes plaque from the teeth
- Reduce the clinical signs of chronic periodontitis (inflammation around the tooth)
- Prevents gingivitis
How to Prepare Pomegranate Mouthwash
- Take clean peel of pomegranate fruit.
- Crush it in mortar and pestle.
- Add in boiling water (3 cups).
- Cook at low flame for 10-40 minutes to extract active ingredients of hull.
Use this mouthwash in lukewarm condition to rinse mouth. If you are using pomegranate mouthwash to cure oral problems then it is recommended to rinse your mouth three times a day and for a month.