Garlic (Allium sativum) is well known for its use as food and medicinal properties. It is used in traditional medicines to treat various health problems. Garlic has antibacterial, antiviral, hypolipidemic (lowers lipid), hypotensive (lowers blood pressure), hypoglycaemic (decrease the level of glucose in the blood), hypo thrombotic (inhibits blood clots formation) properties.
Garlic powder is produced from garlic cloves. First garlic cloves are dried to remove moisture and then grinded to make garlic powder. This powder is given tablet form for oral administration.
Latin name: Allium sativum
Sanskrit/Indian name: Lasuna, Lahsun
Benefits of using Garlic powder tablets
- Good for heart, gives protective effect on elastic properties of the aorta
- Reduces total serum cholesterol
- Reduces triglyceride levels
- Antioxidant, antibacterial and antiviral properties
- Reduces recurrent respiratory infections, cold, cough, flu
- Good for digestive system
- Easy to take in form of tablets
Dose of garlic powder tablet
1-2 tablets (300 mg - 600 mg) twice a day with meals can be taken.